Hello and welcome back all beekeepers! 2021 has been a challenging year, all thanks to COVID19. Moving ahead in 2022, all of us are getting into stride. Meetings will be at the Dunbar branch library. Times will be at the Elkview bee yard of Larry Morris. We are required to wear a mask in the library, and of course proper PPE in the bee yard. PPE includes veil and beekeeping jacket.
Please make sure we have up to date contact information so that you can be notified of meetings and any changes. Feel free to bring light refreshments.
Please send 2022 dues to:
3389 Ghost Hollow Road
Given, WV 25245.
Please include your name, email address and phone number. Dues are $12 per family. Make checks payable to Kanawha Valley Beekeepers Association.
- January 15 meeting: Conducting spring inspections, early medications will be discussed.
- March 19: Prepping for the spring nectar flow. The WV beekeepers conference will be held this weekend in Morgantown as well.
- May 21: Field day at the bee yard. Shanda King, our state Apiarist, will be there. Have questions ready. This is swarming season. Last year a hive swarmed during our meeting, nice timing ladies.
- July 15: Buddy Davidson from WV Dept. of Ag will talk to us about labeling our honey.
- September 17: Field day at the bee yard. Shandra King will join us. Bring a folding chair and beverage to sip on.
- November 19: Enjoying the fruits of our labors. Bring a jar of your hard earned honey, beeswax if you got it. Perhaps something you prepared with the honey. Allen will speak about wax rendering and candle making.
- December 17: Planning for the next year. Suggestions for the next year’s meeting.